It’s important to not lose perspective as we navigate these uncertain times together. Clearly, many of us feel unease as to what the future holds when it comes to our future economic outlook. Instead of feeling like we cannot control what happens to us during these uncertain times, it is crucial that we remember what we CAN DO.
We pooled together a short list of thoughts and actions that might help you continue to prosper, even in times of uncertainty.
1) Check in with ALL of your contacts. That list, maybe it’s an Excel spreadsheet, maybe it’s your iPhone? Go down and strategically check off your list of business contacts one-by-one. We all have something VERY much in common right now; what else do you need to strike up an excellent conversation? Remember, a touch is a touch!
2) Continue to check for DAILY market updates. Just because you think things have come to a standstill, rest assured, they have not. We continue to open and close orders every single day. Just because people are working remotely, they are still working. Let us not forget that commerce is still taking place and it’s important to continue to watch trends.
3) Engage, engage, engage. Use Social Media to the best of your ability as a source for reaching people you might not normally have an opportunity to speak with. Be active, post updates from your marketplace, and dive into what your community has to say. City updates, county updates, market reports, and current events matter. Make sure you are sharing FACTS and always use a credible source. Words of optimism are always encouraged.
4) Review your current book of business. Do you have enough business in your pipeline to sustain the growth pattern that you were on before this pandemic shocked the world? Do you need to make changes to your personal and professional budget to ensure the security of your needs and the needs of your family and loved ones? How can making slight adjustments help you to make sure you are in the black for the next several months? What do you need to do to get there?
5) Continue to prospect. Simply because many people are working from home using their business continuity plans does not mean that those working from home aren’t also looking to connect and grow. Picking up the phone, connecting with a business contact on FaceTime, or starting a conference with several peers can go a long way when people might be feeling disconnected. Take the initiative and start a conversation with a group.
Remember, these things won’t solve our crisis, but there is still positive actions that we can take every single day until this ends that will help us continue our forward momentum. Let’s continue to grow and learn more about our customers so that when this is all over we will have become that much more connected.
All of us at Ticor Title Orange County are here for you. We are maintaining our workflow, with many Employees working remotely. Our systems are working effectively through our business continuity plan. We can still process your Title and Escrow transactions and we welcome your questions.
We are closely monitoring this pandemic situation, and you are encouraged to contact our office with any concerns or questions related to your transactions.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and thank you for your continued support.